Eat. Greek Hummus Platter For a Crowd
Greek Hummus Party Platter (serves 15-20)
Roughly 20 minutes to assemble
Ingredients (for the Hummus Spread)
- Hummus 64 oz. For this recipe, we used Original Sabra Hummus.
- Yogurt 32 oz. -- Greek or Icelandic. We used Siggi's Zero Fat Yogurt. You aren't going to use all of it, but we could only find a 32 ounce container in our store. You are only going to use about 1/2 (16 ounces)
- Feta Cheese Crumbles (6 ounces). We used Athenos Crumbled Traditional Feta Cheese.
- 3 Cucumbers, large and seedless. You will use 1/2 of one cucumber, coarsely chopped, then use the rest as a dipper (see below) for the hummus.
- Roasted Red Peppers in oil (7.5 fluid ounces). You will wind up chopping these!
- Salt (we love Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt) - a few shakes
- Ground pepper - a few grinds
- Oregano - a few shakes
- Optional - Paprika, Red Pepper Flakes...in case you want to spice it up!
- Italian Parsley - (1 bunch) - You will coarsely chop 1/2 cup and save a sprig (do you call it a sprig?! ha!) for the middle - since presentation is everything, hello!
- Pine Nuts (1/4-1/2) cup, all depending on both your love for pine nuts and your wallet tolerance for them, since the cost of those nuts is, well, NUTS!
The Add-Ons (ingredients for around the platter)
**with each of these, you will want to put some around the rim to start, and keep some to replenish as your guests enjoy!**
- Baby carrots - 1 to 2 small bags
- Seedless cucumbers - 2.5 cut them however you want, small spears, or rounds
- Tomato medley of snacking tomatoes - We got 2 lbs from Sam's Club
- Naan Bread dippers
Hey, you! It's your dish -- sooooo, make it yours! Add what you like . . .
- Get a large platter- The platter we used was a 21x15 inch platter with two inches of depth.
- Spread the 64 ounces of hummus around the platter leaving a bit of room around the edges for all the amazing scooping/dipping items.
- Spread a thin layer of the yogurt over the top of the hummus leaving a roughly 2 inch edge of hummus showing. NOTE: you will use about 16 ounces or 1/2 the large 32 ounce container of yogurt.
- Mixing ocassionally, heat 1/2 cup of pine nuts over low heat for 5 minutes or until browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine: chopped Roasted Red Peppers in oil (7.5 fluid ounces), 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped Italian parsley, 1/2 cucumber coarsely chopped., three large spoonfuls of the oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes, several shakes of oregano, several shakes of crazy mixed up salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Stir to combine. Sprinkle the top of the yogurt with this mixture.
- Sprinkle all 6 ounces of feta over the top.
- Top with the toasted pine nuts.
- Add your small sprig of parsley in the center for presentation
- Surround this amazing Greek hummus dip with all sorts of goodies that you like. We chose. Baby carrots, cucumbers, multicolored snacking tomatoes, and mini naan breads pieces.
We made this dish for Thanksgiving 2019 for a large family gathering. It was a hit from the little kiddos, who loved the pita bread and hummus, to the adults who ventured into the veggies too (actually, to be fair we did see some kiddos eat the veggies, even though they may have been partial to the delicious Naan bread). Of the 17 people there -- only one person wasn't the biggest fan and we'd say that's a pretty good outcome. Try it. We think you'll love it!
CK & TH
p.s. You can also make this for two using 16 ounces of hummus and a dinner plate. It's a great appetizer or light lunch to share for two . . . yum!